DAY 8 – Thursday June 9, 2011
…And lead not into temptation…
• for Christians to be filled with such love and zeal to please God that they are unmoved by enticements of materialism and sexual perversity.
• for God’s people to continue walking in the light of His ways and wisdom in order to fulfill His purposes throughout the earth.
• that Christ would guide leaders of business, education and government so that the curse of corruption would be overcome throughout cities and entire economies.
Days 7 – 8
a call to CELEBRATE
“You will have plenty to eat and…praise the name of the LORD your God, who has dealt wondrously with you.” — Joel 2:26 (NASB)
Read Joel 2:23-27. When God’s people return to Him with all their heart, there is promise of tangible changes and great joy in their communities. Where there has been the curse of oppressive poverty, God desires to bring forth an abundance so that many will gratefully praise His name. An even greater spectacle will be God making His home in the midst of His people. He will act wondrously in both goodness and power, surprising the world by revealing His presence among His people.
If you’re new to the Global Day of Prayer or if you’ve been around awhile, here are a few links that will help you be involved or encourage others to join you:
1) Read the daily prayers in one of these ways: Subscribe to the blog, read the prayers online, or download the prayer guide.
2) Encourage others to join you. Check out the article Groups, Churches or Communities.