DAY 4 – Sunday June 5, 2011
…and may Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven…
• for God’s people to bring the influence and blessing of Christ into every aspect of commerce, arts, education and governance in ways that bring lasting transformation.
• for God’s wisdom to be upon our government leaders, bringing changes that increase righteousness and justice.
• for the righteousness, peace and joy of Christ’s kingdom to be a reality by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Days 3 – 4
a call to GATHER
“Gather the people…and let them say, ‘Spare Your people, O LORD…’ Why should the peoples say, ‘Where is their God?’” — Joel 2:16-17 (NASB)
Read Joel 2:15-17. To repent as a people we must come before God together. He wants to encounter us as a people. That’s why He’s summoning us to break normal routines in order to assemble before Him in gatherings large and small. It’s a time to interrupt daily habits of life, fasting from our normal diet, even moving from familiar rituals of worship to assemble in special ways. Why this urgency? Because something great is at stake for God’s glory. Let’s allow our hearts to be grieved by what we, as God’s people, have done to bring shame upon His name. To the watching world, it can appear as if we have no God. Consider what brings sorrow to the heart of God, and pray that He will transform us to bring Him the glory He deserves.
If you’re new to the Global Day of Prayer or if you’ve been around awhile, here are a few links that will help you be involved or encourage others to join you:
1) Read the daily prayers in one of these ways: Subscribe to the blog, read the prayers online, or download the prayer guide.
2) Encourage others to join you. Check out the article Groups, Churches or Communities.