DAY 3 – Saturday June 4, 2011
…May Your kingdom come…
• for many to be drawn by the power of the gospel to submit their lives to Jesus Christ, in order to love and follow Him as King.
• for Christ’s followers to walk in the fullness of God’s Spirit so that they can live in the likeness of Christ.
• for the Lordship of Christ to influence every part of our cities and societies.
Days 3 – 4
a call to GATHER
“Gather the people…and let them say, ‘Spare Your people, O LORD…’ Why should the peoples say, ‘Where is their God?’” — Joel 2:16-17 (NASB)
Read Joel 2:15-17. To repent as a people we must come before God together. He wants to encounter us as a people. That’s why He’s summoning us to break normal routines in order to assemble before Him in gatherings large and small. It’s a time to interrupt daily habits of life, fasting from our normal diet, even moving from familiar rituals of worship to assemble in special ways. Why this urgency? Because something great is at stake for God’s glory. Let’s allow our hearts to be grieved by what we, as God’s people, have done to bring shame upon His name. To the watching world, it can appear as if we have no God. Consider what brings sorrow to the heart of God, and pray that He will transform us to bring Him the glory He deserves.
If you’re new to the Global Day of Prayer or if you’ve been around awhile, here are a few links that will help you be involved or encourage others to join you:
1) Read the daily prayers in one of these ways: Subscribe to the blog, read the prayers online, or download the prayer guide.
2) Encourage others to join you. Check out the article Groups, Churches or Communities.