DAY 2 – Friday June 3, 2011
…sanctify Your name…
• for the truth of God’s character to be exalted and honored.
• for God to distinguish Himself from every false god and to expose every false thing spoken about Him.
• for the word of God to be proclaimed in every people and place across the earth.
• for the Scriptures to be translated and made available in every language.
Days 1 – 2
a call to RETURN
“Yet even now,” declares the LORD, “Return to Me with all your heart, and with fasting and weeping and mourning.” — Joel 2:12 (NASB)
Read Joel 2:12-14 aloud. Consider how the present hour could be a critical moment as in Joel’s day, a “yet even now” moment. For different reasons, many of God’s people have drifted away from Him. But now He is calling us to return with all our hearts. Returning to God means more than going back to church and turning away from sin. It means turning our full attention to God, coming close to Him with confidence in His amazing love. As we turn to Him, He desires to turn toward us. His mighty love not only rescues us from our wrongs, but bestows blessing, empowering us to offer Him extravagant, grateful worship.
If you’re new to the Global Day of Prayer or if you’ve been around awhile, here are a few links that will help you be involved or encourage others to join you:
1) Read the daily prayers in one of these ways: Subscribe to the blog, read the prayers online, or download the prayer guide.
2) Encourage others to join you. Check out the article Groups, Churches or Communities.