DAY 1 – Thursday June 2, 2011
Our Father who is in heaven…
• for God to revive and unite His people as one family before Him.
• for wayward Christians to repent and return to God as Father, learning to obey and trust Him.
• for fresh movements of prayer, seeking the throne of grace with persistence.
Days 1 – 2
a call to RETURN
“Yet even now,” declares the LORD, “Return to Me with all your heart, and with fasting and weeping and mourning.” — Joel 2:12 (NASB)
Read Joel 2:12-14 aloud. Consider how the present hour could be a critical moment as in Joel’s day, a “yet even now” moment. For different reasons, many of God’s people have drifted away from Him. But now He is calling us to return with all our hearts. Returning to God means more than going back to church and turning away from sin. It means turning our full attention to God, coming close to Him with confidence in His amazing love. As we turn to Him, He desires to turn toward us. His mighty love not only rescues us from our wrongs, but bestows blessing, empowering us to offer Him extravagant, grateful worship.
If you’re new to the Global Day of Prayer or if you’ve been around awhile, here are a few links that will help you be involved or encourage others to join you:
1) Read the daily prayers in one of these ways: Subscribe to the blog, read the prayers online, or download the prayer guide.
2) Encourage others to join you. Check out the article Groups, Churches or Communities.